It is involved in all facials, during microdermabrasion or chemical peels and it can be achieved mechanically, by using abrasive scrubs on the skin or chemically, by using scrubs that contain special kinds of acids that dissolve and remove the dead skin cells without scrubbing.
How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Skin?
Exfoliating of the face and skin should be done twice a week but be careful not to strip away too many of the skin’s natural oils
Three Importance Of Skin Exfoliation
As we age, the process of cell regeneration slows down. This means that the body is slower to shed skin cells and generate new ones so exfoliating regularly twice a week helps;
- Skin exfoliation Improves moisture absorption
- It Improves skin texture and complexion
- Skin exfoliation Reduce symptoms of hormonal breakout and blemishes
1. Skin Exfoliation Improves Moisture Absorption
When layers of dead cell build up, it becomes difficult for our skin to be able to properly absorb the nourishing moisturisers and serums being applied on it but when we exfoliate, it removes those dead skin cells from clogging the skin and exposes the fresh new cells beneath.
This makes it easier for moisturising products and creams to penetrate more deeply into the skin and work more effectively.
2. Skin Exfoliation Improves Skin Texture And Complexion
When old skin cells are left piled up on the outer surface of the skin, it leaves the skin looking dull, rough and dry
Exfoliating the skin regularly encourages the skin renewal process which would leave the skin looking fresh and healthy by transforming those rough and dull complexion to soft and glowing. Thereby improving skin texture and complexion.
3. Skin Exfoliation Reduces Symptoms Of Hormonal Break Out And Blemishes
Exfoliating the skin twice a week helps you gradually remove the build up of dead and damaged skin cells that block your pores and causes breakout thereby encouraging the growth of new healthy skin tissues.
It also helps in fading dark marks on the skin caused by blemishes
After Care For Exfoliating
- After exfoliating ensure to keep the skin clean and hydrated by applying a good moisturising lotion with clean hands to prevent bacteria infection and spots
- Do not expose your exfoliated skin to uv rays or sun for 24 hours
Thanks for viewing
Hope this article on the importance of skin exfoliation was of great benefit to you
Help share this post if you don’t mind